Title

Laura Bambrey Books

It's all about the books... News. Reviews. Interviews

Friday, 12 May 2017

#Friday5: Interview With Fallen Author Lauren Kate

Hi Lauren! Thank you so much for taking part in this week’s #Friday5. Huge congratulations on the DVD release of Fallen here in the UK – the film is beautiful and it was really exciting to watch your characters brought to life. So… now to pick your brain a little…

1. Can you tell us a bit about how much involvement you had in the creation of the film version of Fallen, and what this experience has been like for you as the author?

I'm an executive producer and have worked closely on the movie. I've loved collaborating with Scott Hicks on bringing the story to the screen. I worked on the script (and wrote the voice over for the opening scene of the movie, with Miss Sophia's introduction to the world), and spent time on set with the cast and crew. It's been a beautiful experience and I'm proud that we ended up with a beautiful movie.

2. I’ve seen on your blog that Cam is the only Fallen character based on someone in real-life – your husband. What was it like choosing an actor for this role and seeing Cam come to life on the screen?

I was most nervous to cast Cam. I can't express my fondness and gratitude to Harrison for being as thoughtful, devoted, inquisitive, and damn hot as he is. He's perfect and he makes the movie, in my opinion.

3. What about the other characters? Though they’re not based on individual real-life people, you’ve known them for more than 7 years. Do you have a favourite character / actor match-up?

Addison is so rawly talented. I have a deep appreciation to her for bringing Luce to life on screen.
She cares about the character, the story, and the love as much as I do, as much as Fallen's greatest readers do. And she's hilarious and extremely cool. She has an intuition about people that I think makes her so good at what she does. The whole cast is truly great, but I also must give a shout out to Lola Kirke for stealing scenes.

4. Having seen the film last week, I thought that some of the design elements were stunning- and for me, the depiction of the angel’s wings was absolutely beautiful. Luce running her fingers through the feathers is one of those images that will stay with me for life! It must have been an incredibly tough job translating such mythical elements of your books into visuals. Do you have any favourite moments from the film that you feel captured everything you imagined as you were writing?

I completely agree with you. The wings moment is breathtaking, perfect. It could have gone so badly, but it's one of the film's greatest achievements.

5. Having worked closely on the film of Fallen and seen the finished product- will the experience creatively influence the way you write your future books?

I don't think so. I've loved working on this movie, but writing the books is its own thing. I do, however, keep in mind my readers. It has shaped the way I write some to know the people who are waiting to read my books. They inspire me all the time.

Lauren, thank you so much for taking the time to join me on the blog today!


Book Blurb:


SOME ANGELS ARE DESTINED TO FALL.

Instant. Intense. Weirdly familiar . . .

The moment Luce looks at Daniel she knows she has never felt like this before. Except she can't shake the feeling that she has . . . and with him - a boy she doesn't remember ever setting eyes on.

Will her attempt to find out why enlighten her - or destroy her?

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic. Fallen is a thrilling story about forbidden love.


Kindle:                          Paperback                  DVD
       

No comments:

Post a Comment