Title

Laura Bambrey Books

It's all about the books... News. Reviews. Interviews

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Blogtour: Guest post: The Little Clock House on the Green by Eve Devon

I'm delighted to welcome Eve Devon the the blog today as a part of her blog tour for The Little Clock House on the Green...

The Little Clock House on the Green – Quick, to the Writing Cave

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by to see my Bat Cave (Writing Cave). This is mostly where the ‘magic’ (Kermit-flailing, tea-drinking, muttering and procrastination) happens. At Chez Devon, we refer to it as The Garret – a nice technical term for the teeny-tiny room at the top of our stairs.

I deliberately write with my back to the window to avoid distraction and when I can’t write because I need a distraction I plod downstairs to write at the dining-room table. There I have a wonderful view of all the jobs I haven’t got around to doing in the garden.


At first, my writing cave was the only place I felt I could create, but out of necessity over the years I’ve had to learn to write anywhere (trains, hotels, coffee shops and hospitals).

If you’re anything like me, and hate drawing attention to yourself, the thought of sitting in a coffee-shop to write will be enough to bring on an attack of the vapours! It’s true that the first time I had to dig out my trusty laptop and pop it on a wobbly cafĂ© table I really thought I might faint before I could finish paying for my coffee and croissant. Note: choosing a croissant to eat while you work isn’t the best choice – choose something you can eat with a fork. Sticky keyboard is so not a nice thing!

Anyway, despite liking to pretend I’m completely invisible if I’m out in public writing…here’s the weird thing…I actually find it quite liberating. Working from home can be quite isolating. Sure, with social media, you can chat online and there’s always music or the TV. But, there’s nothing like getting out of your comfort-zone and shaking things up a little (at least that’s what I tell my characters if they’re being particularly shy).

And, actually, working in a new space can awaken the creativity. The background noise of phones ringing, people chatting and typing away can not only soothe, but act as a great way of putting you into a ‘work’ frame of mind so that you feel connected to your work but also anchored in the real world.

When I was dreaming about all the different businesses I could open up in The Little Clock House on the Green, I suddenly realised I knew quite a few people who use (and love) co-working office space.
All over the world, gorgeous office space that you can pop along to and do a spot of work, is opening up. These spaces allow you to book a desk, an office, a meeting room or a suite of offices. They’re great for freelancers and people sick of working from home. They’re great for workers needing a creative area to collaborate and they’re great for small startups not in a position to afford sky-high leases.

The more I thought about the varied co-working spaces some of my friends had worked in or been to meetings or events in – the more I knew that this was exactly the sort of business my character, Daniel Westlake, was in a position to start.

When Daniel winds up in Whispers Wood, he quickly sees the potential of the gorgeous Georgian building on the green that’s for sale. The Clock House is the perfect premises to provide creative and luxurious co-working space at affordable prices.

There’s only one sexy problem…and her name is Kate Somersby!


Blurb: The Little Clock House on the Green


An absolute must-read for fans of Gilmore Girls!
Welcome to Whispers Wood, a cosy little village in the heart of the English countryside, where everybody knows everybody and rumours are spread thicker than jam on a scone…

When a rival village is awarded Best in Bloom, the residents of Whispers Wood are determined to regain their former glory – and with Old Man Isaac finally selling the clock house on the village green, with two potential buyers, operation ‘Summer Fete’ is on!

For Kate Somersby, the very bricks that make up the clock house hold precious memories of her childhood. Now she’s finally returned home after years of running away, she’s here to make Isaac an offer and ensure her and her beloved sister’s dreams come true. Only entrepreneur Daniel Westlake is standing in her way.

To prove they have the village’s interests at heart and in turn become the proud new owner of the clock house, Kate and Daniel must compete to raise funds for the Whispers Wood Summer Fete.

Over one glorious English summer, friendships are forged, secrets are revealed and romance delightfully bursts into bloom.

LINKS:
AMAZON                  GOOGLE PLAY                  iTUNES                  KOBO                                    NOOK/Barnes&Noble                 

Bio:
My name’s Eve Devon and I write sexy heroes, sassy heroines and happy ever afters…

I kind of secretly believe it’s not too late for me to train as a professional dancer, MMA expert, or win an Oscar. I know! This is why writing fiction is for me!

Growing up in locations like Botswana and Venezuela gave me a taste for adventure and my love for romances began when my mother shoved one into my hands in a desperate attempt to keep me quiet during TV coverage of the Wimbledon tennis finals.

When I wasn’t consuming books by the bucket-load, I could be found pretending to be a damsel in distress or running around solving mysteries and writing down my adventures. As a teenager, I wrote countless episodes of TV detective dramas so the hero and heroine would end up together every week. As an adult, I worked in a library to conveniently continue consuming books by the bucket-load, until realising I was destined to write contemporary romance and romantic suspense myself. I live in leafy Surrey in the UK, a book-devouring, slightly melodramatic, romance-writing sassy heroine with my very own sexy hero husband!

Where you can find me:
WEBSITE                        TWITTER                        FACEBOOK                        GOODREADS


No comments:

Post a Comment