I'm so excited to introduce my new weekly Tuesday posts featuring original, serialised writing from some incredible authors. Welcome to week one of Men Are Like Bras by J. R. Preston!
Men Are Like Bras
How to find one that fits
By J. R. Preston
They pinch, they rub, they let you down. They look great but offer little in the way of support. They are a constant compromise between comfort and glamour. They promise you the earth- and all too often leave you dangling. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?
Men are like bras. It’s an uncomfortable fact. The similarities are far too numerous to mention. In this book the words ‘man’ and ‘bra’ are therefore synonymous and interchangeable. When you see the word ‘bra’ think of it as meaning your boyfriend, partner, fiancée, lover or husband. Your bra history would be the crumpled pile of discarded ex’s in your past, your bra future- all the men you have yet to try on for size.
Through the course of this book you will discover what distinguishes a god bra from a bad bra, how sometimes the bra that you want isn’t necessarily the bra that you need, and why the secret of choosing the right bra isn’t really a secret at all. You don’t have to be a psychotherapist or an expert in lingerie design either. Men and bras present many of the same problems- problems that benefit from the same simple solutions.
We all know that finding the perfect partner can be a heart-breaking, humiliating and expensive adventure. The good news is- in a world where men are like bras- relationships no longer seem quite so overwhelming, so complex- they are merely a question of style and fitting.
WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR?
There are any number of reasons why you might want to read this book:
- Maybe you’ve never had a bra before- this is your first time and you want to know what all the fuss is about.
- Or you’ve had many bras, but none have ever lived up to expectations.
- Or maybe you’ve had the same bra for ages and it’s time for a change.
- Or perhaps your current bra is okay, but there’s no harm in finding out what else is available.
- Maybe bras have always been something of a mystery to you.
- Or you’ve given up on bras completely- after a bad bra experience.
- Or you feel your bra is holding you back, not holding you up.
- Or maybe you are a bra- and you just want to see where you are going wrong.
Whatever the reason, this book offers practical, easy to follow advice that will point you in the right direction- towards a happier, and ultimately more fulfilling relationship with your bra.
I hope you enjoyed that- let me know what you think in the comments- and don't forget to pop back next Tuesday for the next instalment :)