Title

Laura Bambrey Books

It's all about the books... News. Reviews. Interviews

Monday, 11 July 2016

Bad Blogger

Dear lovely readers,

So it turns out that I am officially a rubbish blogger - it's been a whole month (to the day!) since my last post. My TBR pile is glaring at me expectantly from... well... I was going to say from my mantle piece... but it now extends to the floor, bedside table, living room table, kitchen cabinets... yup - I have books piling up all around me and I haven't been able to touch them.

Strange, huh?

Well, I used to think it was strange how my ability to chew through three books every week would miraculously desert me every June - only to re appear towards the end of July. Now, 9 years after starting my blogging journey, you'd think I'd have accepted and would have the sense to pre-plan for this month in advance.

Problem is, I'm SO not a planner. All of my reading and reviews are done by the seat of my pants- so the thought of getting a month of content in hand - pfft! Not happening!

So that goes some way to explaining the gaping hole on my blog for the past month. I'm back... almost. Give me another week and I reckon that TBR will start calling my name again like it always does.

I don't stop reading completely during this time - I seem to retreat into re-reading my much loved favourites, or the occasional bit of non-fiction. I think it has something to do with "real life" being so busy during this month that I simply can't take any new story-lines or plot twists on board.

So - my June has been filled by the lovely Bridget Jones, Jennifer Weiner's Good In Bed, Harry Potter and lots of books on oil painting (if only I could learn by falling asleep with the book propped open on my face- I'd be well on my way to international stardom by now!)

Anyway- having read this wonderful article earlier, I have found all of my guilt miraculously disappear :) (okay- I'm not really that magic- and am still very British so have plenty of polite, nervous guilt left- but I do feel a bit better about things!) If I've promised you a review- it will happen... it might just be running a little bit late. But I want to give your books all of my love and attention- not what I have dubbed my June-Boggle-Brain!

I hope you're all having wonderful summers so far, are reading and blogging up a storm and discovering life-changing stories. I'm looking forward to re-joining the fun very soon.

All my love,
Laura xxx

3 comments:

  1. Aw I think a month aside to reacquaint with old favs is an awesome idea anyway!

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lainy- I do reckon that old faves don't get enough airtime in the TBA rush! Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  2. Great post - and thank you for that link to the "wonderful article", very good. I took a decision last year to do one post a week this year (and I've stuck to it) but it was a big deal mentally to not just keep posting all the time (and it gives me more time for my own writing). So yes, see you when you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete